Statement of Purpose & Beliefs
- We believe that the triune God is the single eternal Creator of the entire Universe and all things that ever came into being.
- We believe that God, not man, numbers our days.
- We are pro-life for all innocent life.
- We believe Prayer is a key part of involvement in all facets of life
- We desire to facilitate Christian service to the least among us by identifying opportunities for service.
- We believe that, just as families must, government should live within its means.
- We encourage the use of adult and umbilical cord stem cells for research and not fetal cells acquired through the killing of the unborn.
- We believe that parents are charged by God with the responsibility for raising their children and have the right to make decisions concerning their children’s health, education and well being.
- We believe that marriage and sexuality should be as ordained by God in the Bible.
- We believe that parents, not schools, are responsible for the teaching and training of moral values and understanding of sexuality to their children.
- We believe that character and integrity are a necessity in our public, business, and private lives and in the lives of our public officials
- We come alongside Pastors and Churches to help them equip Christian citizens.
- We embrace the Gospel and Biblical Objective Moral Justice and Morally Restrained Free Markets, while rejecting Critical Race Theory, Liberation Theology, Socialism, Marxism, Communism and Social Justice.
- We believe that charity for the poor and needy, amongst us, should come voluntarily from the Church and the people, not forced by the government. When this is done, there is plenty for all.
- We believe rights come from the Creator and are unconditional and unalienable. There are no situations, conditions or emergencies that create an exception to any of them. This includes the right to make medical decisions and gather.
- We believe that in order to bring a just society, it must be those who believe in God’s Objective Moral Law i.e. the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God, who should be making the laws of our nation.
- We do NOT want a Christian Government; we want Christians IN Government. We do NOT want a church government, we want a MORAL Government.
- In the Old Testament, one in every 10 followers of God were commanded to be in Legislative or Judicial leadership. As such we believe it is the duty of every Christian Pastor and every Christian Layperson to take an active interest in Legislation at every level of Government and one in 10 to be in leadership at some level.
- We believe that governments’ role should be limited only to the protection of inalienable rights from enemies and evil doers within and without; which includes the enforcement of uncoerced contracts. Government should never forcibly take goods or labor from one citizen and give it to another.
- The VAC’s goal is to educate and build up the body to participate Biblically. In line with that, VAC events must include the teaching of Biblical Principles of Government and/or Apologetics (Apologetics is the defense of the Objective Truth of Christianity using facts, reason, logic, science, history archeology & philosophy).
President’s Note: If you look at God’s laws you will notice that all of them are given to protect us. Just like your parents gave you laws at home to protect you and your siblings from each other, none of God’s laws are there for His sake. Thus, when we disobey God’s laws, we all suffer, but innocents suffer most. The first to suffer are not going to be the rich or the powerful, but the poor, the orphans and the widows. As a result, God punishes nations and cultures who disobey His laws and oppress His children. And thus, those who know the truth and do not act to influence their communities and governments in passing Godly laws, will suffer His wrath like Israel did. God also commands us as individuals and families to be active in our culture and teach these things to our children (Deut 11:19) and when we don’t, He punishes us as he did Eli. As such the VAC is not just an educational organization but an activist organization.
The VAC while not focused on Evangelism or Charity as an organization, expects their members and staff to be appropriately involved in both in their personal lives.
Note: to be or to continue to be a VAC volunteer or leader you must accept, agree and continue to believe all items in our statement of purpose and beliefs and accept and affirm both the indicated Creeds.